zondag 10 maart 2013

Music: Séamuisín..

Hi there!!

This is a song we sang in Irish class, and even though that's like two years ago, I still have a weak spot for it.  It's about a mother who is looking for her son, Séamus. (although this version is sung by a man, it's not less cute)
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgbLVzWwMs&feature=related <-



Here are the lyrics and my translation:

An bhfaca tú mo Shéamuisín?                           Did you see my little Séamus?
Mo mhuirnin óg, mo bhuachaillín?                     My young sweetheart, my little boy?

An bhfaca tú mo Shéamuisín?                           Did you see my little Séamus?
Is é dul síos an bothar                                       It was him going down the road

Níl brog ar bith ar a dhá choisín                         Not a shoe on his two little feet
Ar a dhá choisín ar dhá choisín                          On his two little feet, on his two little feet,
Níl brog ar bith ar a dhá choisín                         Not a shoe on his two little feet
Níl caipín air, ná clocá                                       Not a cap on him, or a coat

O grá mo chroí mo Shéamuisín,                         O my love, my heart, my little Séamus
Mo mhuirnin is, mo bhuachaillín                          My sweetheart and my little boy
Grá mo chroí mo Shéamuisín                              Love, my heart, my little Séamus
Maidin 'gus trathnonín                                        Morning and evening

Tá leabharín buí ina lamh aige                             There is a little book in his hand
ina lamh aige, ina lamh aige                                 In his hand, in his hand
Tá leabharín buí ina lamh aige                             there is a little book in his hand
Ag dul ar scoil trathnona                                     going off to school

Ar a dhroim tá mailin beag                                On his back there's a little backpack
Tá mailin beag, tá mailin beag,                           A little backpack, a little backpack
Ar a dhroim tá mailin beag                                On his back there's a little backpack
Is a lóinín ann is docha                                      With his little lunch in it, probably

An bhfaca tú mo Shéamuisín?                              Did you see my little Séamus?
Mo mhuirnin óg, mo bhuachaillín                          My young sweetheart, my little boy

An bhfaca tú mo Shéamuisín?                              Did you see my little Séamus?
Is é dul síos an bothar                                         It was him going down the road

Grá mo chroí mo Shéamuisín                               Love, my heart, my little Séamus
Mo mhuirnin is mo bhuachaillín                            My sweetheart and my little boy
Grá mo chroí mo Shéamuisín                               Love, my heart, my little Séamus
Maidin 'gus trathnonín                                          Morning and evening



And on a side note, you can buy this t-shirt! As 'Shéamuisín' sounds exactly like English 'hay machine'. It's funny ^^
(http://gaelshirt.spreadshirt.ie/hay-machine-A9289628)

Slán libh,

Lian

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten